Meek Mill deletes controversial Jubilee House music video after backlash

Rapper Meek Mill has deleted the music video he posted which was shot at the Jubilee House in Ghana.

On late Sunday, January 8, 2023; the celebrated American rapper posted an Instagram reel announcing that he was set to release a new track.

It turns out that portions of the said video were shot in and around the Jubilee House during his visit.

He was seen in different places at the presidency, from the frontage, through the main corridors, in the main conference hall – at a point positioned behind the presidential lectern – and later in a sitting area rapping.

The music video stirred a huge uproar from sections of the Ghanaian populace who were critical of the government for allowing such sensitive areas to be filmed for a music video.

After suffering hefty backlash, the rapper has so far deleted the video.

Incensed over portions of the music video shot at the Jubilee House, Ghanaians took to social media to express their angst.

The Member of Parliament for the North Tongu Constituency, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, for instance, called for persons who allowed Meek Mill to shoot the video clip at the Jubilee House to be fired.

He said this is because the clip had some “explicit lyrics.”

“All those responsible for this despicable desecration of the Jubilee House by Meek Mill must be fired immediately. How do those explicit lyrics from the president’s lectern project Ghana positively? Is Ghana’s seat of government no longer a high security installation?”

Source:  Citinewsroom.com

 

Read Previous

Ghanaians angry over Meek Mill’s music video shot at Jubilee House

Read Next

Heads must roll over Meek Mill’s desecration of Jubilee House – Ablakwa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

WEEKLY PROGRAMME

We have exclusive TV Programmes made just for you

Interested In some specific programme updates and first hand information on our presenters?… Fill the form below