Sunyani fire outbreak: discharging and selling gas simultaneously caused blaze – Fire Service

The Bono Regional Commander of the Ghana National Fire Service, A.C.F.O Olivia Ayem, has revealed that preliminary investigations into the Sunyani Asufufu fire outbreak indicate that the disaster was caused by discharging and selling gas at the same time.

The fire incident, which occurred at a gas filling station, has left many devastated, with properties destroyed.

Speaking to the media, A.C.F.O Ayem emphasized the need for facility owners to follow safety rules and educate their employees on fire safety measures.

Meanwhile, the affected house owner, Mr. John Arthur, recounted how the fire started, saying, “Around 8:45 pm, we heard a sound like wind blowing from outside towards the house, and in a short moment, the gas sparked a fire from the gas filling station.”

Arthur lamented that he had lost everything except for two cars, which he managed to salvage from the house.

The fire commander also expressed concern over attacks on fire personnel and equipment, warning that they may seek police protection before attending to incidents if the public continues to harass them.

By: Magyina Kwasi | | Ghana

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *